Aromatherapy Products for Animals
“While I am sure it works well on animals, Animal Scents™ Ointment is also a perfect ointment for humans. Unfortunately I fell off a sidewalk a few weeks ago and had a large abrasion on my knee. I applied the Animal Scents™ Ointment to my knee and continued to do so until it healed and there is very little scarring. This is good stuff!” ~ Juli Patten
The therapeutic benefits of essential oils are meant for every member of the family, including pets. Whether your best friend is in need of a bath, a mood boost, or suffering from minor skin irritation, Young Living has a pet-friendly solution.
Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils have been used very successfully on many different kinds of animals from kittens to 2,000 pound draft horses and they generally respond to the oils in much the same way as humans do.
To order, please click on the product image and you will be taken to my secure web site to place your order. A new page will appear asking you to choose the type of account you would like; please use my Distributor #534462. Enjoy!
Animal Scents™ Ointment is blended with Melaleuca alternifolia and myrrh, two of nature's most powerful essential oils. It is a protective and soothing salve formulated for external use on animals. Typically used for minor skin irritations, cuts, and abrasions, the rich blend of ingredients is effective yet gentle and safe, so you can soothe your pets without using harmful chemicals or synthetic products.
How to Use: Clean the affected area. Apply as needed. If using Young Living Therapeutic Grade™ essential oils [the only oils recommended for animals], apply oils prior to application of Animal Scents™ Ointment. Store in a cool, dry place. Do not expose to excessive heat or direct sunlight. Keep out of reach of children. For external use only.
Ingredients: Mink oil, lecithin, beeswax, lanolin, sesame seed oil, rosewood, wheat germ oil, palmarosa, geranium, patchouli, balsam fir (Idaho), myrrh, carrot seed oil, Melaleuca alternifolia, and rose hip seed oil.
Item No.: 5165
Pricing: Distributor $20.75 / Retail $27.30 / PV 20.75
Animal Scents™ Shampoo cleans, protects, and conditions your pet's coat without the harmful ingredients often found in pet care products. This all-natural shampoo contains five powerful essential oils, which are blended to gently cleanse, increase luster, and enhance grooming.
How to Use: Pour small amount of Animal Scents™ Shampoo into palm and rub gently between hands. Massage thoroughly into pet's wet coat. Lather. Rinse thoroughly. Repeat if necessary. Animal Scents™ Shampoo is highly concentrated. If necessary, dilute with water. Keep out of reach of children.
Ingredients: Demineralized water, saponified oils of coconut and olive, Animal Scents Shampoo Essential Oil Complex [citronella (Cymbopogon nardus), lavandin (Lavandula x hybrida), lemon (Citrus limon), geranium (Pelargonium graveolens) and spikenard (Nardostachys jatamansi)] vegetable gum, aloe vera and rosemary extract.
Item No.: 5167
Pricing: Distributor $15.75 / Retail $20.72 / PV 15.75
Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils has been used very successfully on many different kinds of animals from kittens to 2,000 pound draft horses and generally respond to the oils in much the same way as humans do.
How Much Should I Use?
Most animals are even more sensitive to the effects of the oils than humans. They often seem to have a natural affinity to the healing influence of the oils. Adjust dosage proportionately, based on body weight. If the protocol for a human being (at about 160 lbs) calls for 3-5 drops, then a horse (at 1600 lbs or more) could use as much as 10 times that amount while a dog (at 16 lbs) would need as little as one tenth that amount. Generally speaking, if you have never put oils on an amnimal before, you should start carefully, applying them only to the feet, paws, or hooves (on the frog and cornet bands) at first.
In the case of cats and small dogs, essential oils shaould always be diluted with organic olive oil or vegetable oil or our V-6 oil before applying because they are actually more sensitive to the biochemicals in the oils than humans. Be careful to avoid high phenol oils such as oregano and thyme on cats becase they can be extremely sensitive to these stronger oils. They should only used in high rates of dilution (90%) and the diluted oil should only be applied to the paws.
For small animals: (cats and small dogs) ~ Apply 3-5 drops diluted (80-90%) oil mixture per application.
For larger animals: (large dogs) ~ Apply 3-5 drops neat (dilute if using oils high in phenol compounds) per application.
For large animals: (cattle and horses) ~ Apply 20-30 drops neat (dilute if using oils high in phenol compounds) per application.
Information from the Essential Oils Desk Reference, 4th Edition.
"I find these Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils to be the most effective, safe and reliable anti-flea, tick and mosquito products on the market." — Dr. Gerald M. Buchoff, DVM, Past President of the American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association
Emergency Pet Care Kit
Veterinarian Dr. Mary Hess of Madison, Wisconsin, recommends that every pet owner carry an essential oil emergency kit for pets. Based on her experience as a veterinarian, Dr. Hess suggests these ten Young Living essential oil blends to keep pets feeling their best.
- Purification®: This blend is useful for external parasites such as fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes.
- Thieves®: Perfect for attending to minor wounds, abrasions, and lacerations, Thieves is also utilized for addressing dental concerns. This blend is safe for kittens and puppies.
- Melrose™: When used in conjunction with R.C. and Raven, Melrose provides respiratory support. It can also be used on minor wounds, abrasions, and lacerations if Thieves cannot be tolerated.
- R.C.™: Ideal for respiratory and urinary tract support, R.C is practical for cats that require bladder fortification, which does not respond to conventional therapy. (It can be paired with Raven for added support.)
- Raven™: Also utilized for respiratory and urinary tract support, Raven is more powerful than R.C. and features essentials oils not found in the latter. Combined, the two oils are highly effective.
- Di-Gize™: The gastrointestinal system responds well to this blend. Nutmeg and ginger can be added for additional support.
- M-Grain™: Provides relief from head discomfort resulting from sinus pressure.
- PanAway®: With osteoarthritis common in older pets, PanAway is valuable for relieving discomfort and relaxing the muscles, ligaments, and tendons. This oil blend can be used alone or in addition to other essential oils that aid in general discomfort. Using a moist towel over the area increases the effectiveness of the oils.
- Relieve It™: Especially beneficial for relieving discomfort, Relieve It can be alternated with PanAway for a wider spectrum of relief.
- Peace & Calming®: If stress, fear, anxiety, or other similar conditions are present, Peace & Calming can be used to calm a pet. If the pet is injured, Peace & Calming can relax the animal enough to administer other treatments. This blend can also been used on cats who are resistant to other forms of treatment for urinary problems or excessive grooming resulting from stress.
Face ~ Body ~ Bath ~ Oral Care
I am available to teach classes locally in the Central Florida area and am a former Nationally Certified Massage Therapist with over 12 years of experience, trained in Aromatherapy Massage, Raindrop Technique and Emotional Release with Young Living Aromatherapy Essential Oils through C.A.R.E. as well as workshops with Gary Young and Cherie Ross. I work out of my home in Winter Park, FL and am available by appointment, so please call now: 407.399.8562.
I highly suggest educating yourself about the truth of essential oils by purchasing the Essential Oil Desk Reference book which contains a wealth of information on all of our products including details on each oil and what oils to use for specific situations.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Don't expect the same results unless you are using Young Living Therapeutic Grade™ Essential Oils and supplements. Also each person is unique and different in chemistry and toxicity levels, as well as emotionally and spiritually, so an oil that is suggested for an issue may not work as well as another. If a change is not apparent within three minutes, try another oil.