Lemon Therapeutic Grade™ Essential Oil
Lemon Essential Oil (Citrus limon) has a strong, purifying, citrus scent that is revitalizing and uplifting and is one of the most fragrant essential oils. Lemon consists of 68 percent d-limonene, a powerful antioxidant. It is delightfully refreshing in water and may be beneficial for the skin. Lemon may also be used to enhance the flavor of foods. Lemon essential oil is cold-pressed from the rind of Citrus limon, a twenty-foot tree with highly scented blossoms and lemon fruits. Lemon essential oil contains compounds that are studied fortheir effects on immune function. Jean Valnet MD estimated that it takes 3,000 lemons to produce one kilo of oil. In his book, The Practice of Aromatherapy, Valnet wrote that lemon is a tonic for supporting the nervous and sympathetic nervous system. Lemon has an approximate ORAC of 6,619 (TE/L). TE/L is expressed as micromole Trolox equivalent per liter.
Historical Data: Lemons were used in Europe as early as 200 A.D. and were introduced to the Americas in 1493 by Christopher Columbus. Lemons were also given to sailors to treat scurvy and other vitamin deficiencies.Research by Jean Valnet, MD, showed that vaporized lemon essential oil can kill meningococcus bacteria in 15 minutes, typhoid bacilli in one hour, Staphylococcus aureus in two hours, and Pneumococcus bacteria within three hours. Even a 0.2% solution of lemon oil can kill diphtheria bacteria in 20 minutes and inactivate tuberculosis bacteria. Lemon oil has been widely used in skin care to cleanse skin and reduce wrinkles and combat acne. Lemon has also shown to have antidepressant effects in research done by Komori, et al., 1995.
Limonene — 59-73%
Gamma-Terpinene — 6-12%
Beta-Pinene — 7-16%
Alpha-Pinene — 1.5-3%
Sabinene — 1.5-3%
Lemon Essential Oil Wellness Solutions: Use this oil for circulatory issues, arterioslerosis, obesity, parasites, urinary tract infections, varicose veins, anxiety, hypertension, digestive issues and acne. It strengthens nails, removes sticky substances and can even be used as an insect repellant when diffused.* When ingested, it is a good source of d-limonene, a powerful antioxidant and cancer inhibitor (see orange essential oil documentation). Lemon essential oil also prevents cellular mutation and enhances DNA repair.
Application: Dilute 1 part Lemon essential oil with 1 part organic vegetable oil. Apply directly on location, chakras/Vita Flex points, directly inhale, diffuse, or take as a dietary supplement. When using as a supplement, dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of vegetable oil and put in a capsule. Then take one capsule before each meal or as desired. Or add 1 drop of Lemon essential oil into a glass of purified drinking water ~ note: please use glass because therapeutic grade essential oils will eat plastic.
Caution ~ If pregnant or under a doctor's care, consult your physician before ingesting lemon essential oil. Dilution is recommended when applied topically. Lemon oil is photosensitizing, so avoid exposure to direct sunlight/UV rays for up to twelve hours after applying topically.
Fragrance: It promotes clarity of thought and purpose with a fragrance that is invigorating, enhancing and warming. University researchers in Japan found that diffusing certain aromas in an office environment dramatically improved mental accuracy and concentration. Diffused lemon resulted in 54 percent fewer errors, jasmine 33 percent fewer errors and lavender 20 percent fewer errors. When aromas were diffused during test taking, scores increased by as much as 50 percent. A 1995 Mie University study found that citrus fragrances boosted immunity, induced relaxation and reduced depression.
- Add one teaspoon of lemon essential oil to one cup mineral oil for an effective furniture
- For general household cleaning purposes, it works well for removing gum, wood stain, oil,
and grease spots.*
- Add a few drops to your dishwasher for spotfree dishes.
- Diffuse to freshen your home or or add a few drops to a spray bottle to deodorize and sterilize the air.
- Add two drops to water for purification or combine with peppermint (Mentha piperita) to
provide a refreshing lift.
- Add to food or rice or soy milk as a dietary supplement and flavoring.
- Add ten drops to a cotton ball and place inside your vacuum cleaner.
*Before cleaning upholstery, fabric, or carpet, perform a spot test. Discontinue use in the unlikely event of staining or in the case of skin irritation, add some V-6 oil and massage on location.
Found In: Awaken™, Citrus Fresh™, Clarity™, Forgiveness™, Gentle Baby™, Harmony™, Joy™, Raven™, Surrender™, Transformation™ and Thieves™ essential oil blends. Also found in AlkaLime, Animal Scents Shampoo, AromaGuard Meadow Mist Deodorant, AromaGuard Mountain Mist Deodorant, BodyGize, Carbozyme, CardiaCare, Dentarome Toothpaste, Dentarome Plus Toothpaste, Dentarome Ultra Toothpaste, Dragon Time Bath & Shower Gel, Evening Peace Bath & Shower Gel, Genesis Hand & Body Lotion, HRT, ImmuneTune, JuvaTone, KidScents Shampoo, KidScents Toothpaste, Lemon-Sandalwood Bar Soap, Mineral Essence, Ningxia Red, Orange Blossom Face Wash, Power Meal, Super C, Thieves Bar Soap, Thieves Foaming Hand Soap, Thieves Household Cleaner, Thieves Lozenges, Thieves Spray, Thieves Wipes.
Lemon Therapeutic Grade™ Essential Oil comes in the following oil kits: The Aroma Complete Collection, The Essential 7 Kit and The Everyday Oils Collection.
Item No. 3578 ~ 15 ml
Pricing: Distributor $11.25 / Retail $14.80 / PV 11.25
The Top 20 Uses for the Essential Oil of Lemon
According to the Essential Oils Integrative Medical Guide, it takes 3,000 lemons to produce a kilo of oil, which is cold pressed from the rind. The key constituent Limonene has been studied for its effects on the immune system and skin care to cleanse and reduce wrinkles. Here are simple ways to use this uplifting and joyful scent from Young Living.
- Use 1-2 drops of Lemon oil to remove gum, crayon, oil, or grease spots.
- Use 1 drop of Lemon oil to add flavor to baked goods or drinks.
- For homemade lemonade: In a blender mix 2 drops of Lemon, 2 Tbl. of honey or blue agave, and 2 cups of pure water. Whiz thoroughly. Adjust flavor according to taste.
- Rub a drop of Lemon oil on a corn, callous or bunion in the morning and evening.
- To clean and increase the shelf life of fresh fruit, fill a bowl with cool water and 2-3 drops of Lemon oil. Drop the cleaned fruit into it and stir, making sure all surfaces of the fruit touches the lemon water.
- Add 2-3 drops of Lemon oil to water and spray counter tops to sterilize.
- Add a drop of Lemon oil to your dishwasher before the wash cycle.
- Add 2-3 drops of Lemon oil into the washing machine’s fabric softener dispenser to have fresh smelling clothes.
- Rub a drop of Lemon oil into your hands after using a public bathroom, or drive through banking.
- Use a paper towel soaked w/ several drops of Lemon oil to sanitize bathroom fixtures.
- Place a drop of Lemon oil on cold sores, herpes, or other mouth ulcers to lessen pain, and quicken healing.
- Put a drop of Lemon oil on bleeding gums caused by gingivitis or tooth extraction.
- Put a drop of Lemon oil on oily skin or acne to balance sebaceous glands (oil glands).
- Rub several drops of Lemon oil on cellulite to improve circulation and help eliminate waste from the cells.
- Rub a drop of Lemon oil topically to clear athlete’s foot.
- Rub a drop of Lemon oil on a wart in the morning and evening until it disappears.
- Rub several drops of Lemon oil on varicose veins to improve circulation and relieve pressure on the veins.
- Rub a drop of Lemon oil to clean a butcher's block or other cutting surfaces.
- Add a few drops to to your skin care lotion for a fresh, uplifting start to the day.
- Put 10-15 drops of Lemon oil in each gallon of carpet cleaning solution to help pull out stains and brighten the rug. It can also leave the room smelling fresh and clean.
Caution: Citrus oils should NOT be applied to the skin that will be in the sun or ultraviolet light within 72 hours.
— information compiled by Linda Penkala
Log in to start shopping or open your account as a Distributor to purchase Lemon Therapeutic Grade™ Essential Oil at the wholesale price and incorporate the benefits of aromatherapy into your life today!
Face ~ Body ~ Bath ~ Oral Care
I am available to teach classes locally in the Central Florida area and am a former Nationally Certified Massage Therapist with over 12 years of experience, trained in Aromatherapy Massage, Raindrop Technique and Emotional Release with Young Living Aromatherapy Essential Oils through C.A.R.E. as well as workshops with Gary Young and Cherie Ross. I work out of my home in Winter Park, FL and am available by appointment, so please call now: 407.399.8562.
I highly suggest educating yourself about the truth of essential oils by purchasing the Essential Oil Desk Reference book which contains a wealth of information on all of our products including details on each oil and what oils to use for specific situations.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Don't expect the same results unless you are using Young Living Therapeutic Grade™ Essential Oils and supplements. Also each person is unique and different in chemistry and toxicity levels, as well as emotionally and spiritually, so an oil that is suggested for an issue may not work as well as another. If a change is not apparent within three minutes, try another oil.