Aromatherapy for Animals
It seemed to me that the universe was guiding me to utilize such a treatment in my own practice. The very next morning, I woke up with a clear vision of how much this treatment would help horses and their riders. Since then I have developed a technique for animals, especially horses, and produced a video that explains clearly how to do the technique yourself. — Dr. Heather Mack, DVM
Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils have been used very successfull on many different kinds of animals from kittens to 2,000 pound draft horses and they generally respond to the oils in much the same way as humans do.
November 1997 D. Gary Young, N.D., President Young Living Essential Oils
"I have raised animals all my life and presently have several miniature horses as well as four teams of draft horses. I also have pygmy goats, Barbadoes sheep and llamas at my ranch where I reside. On my 1300 acre herb farm at Whispering Springs in Mona, Utah, I have an animal petting zoo with Bactrian camels, zeeboos from Africa (miniature Bramas), Watusi cows and bulls, Walleroos (miniature kangaroos), llamas, buffalo, miniature donkeys, as well as horses and goats. As you can see, we have a wide variety of animals.
We have used the oils extensively on many of the animals and are continually making discoveries. The animals respond extremely well and we feel they have benefited greatly.
In my experience, I have found that animals respond to essential oils much the same as humans. Animals are not as sensitive to the phenol and sesquiterpene constituents so they can be applied "neat" or full strength. One needs only to determine which oils are applicable to the situation and then apply a few drops 3-4 times daily.
The amount for small animals like cats and dogs is like the application for a child: 3-4 drops each time applied. For larger animals like large dogs apply 6-7 drops. For horses, apply 15-20 drops.
After applying the oils, I have found it beneficial to cover the open wound with Gentle Care Rose Ointment, which keeps the skin soft and helps promote the regeneration.
I have applied the oils in the following ways:
- Apply on their paws where the absorption is very fast.
- On cloven hoof animals apply on the auricular points of the ears and/or spine or both.
- Underneath the top lip on the gums and on the tongue.
- Sprinkle a few drops on the spine and then massage into skin, just like with humans.
For various problems I have experimented with the following oils:
- Strangle in horses, I used a combination of the oil blends Exodus II and Melrose™ together. (4 parts Exodus II to 1 part Melrose)
- Ear mites in cats and dogs ~ Purification® and Peppermint.
- Ticks, fleas and flies ~ Tansy and Tansy floral water.
- Cell Masses (all animals) ~ Frankincense and Lavender mixed together, Frankincense and Clove mixed together.
- Worms/parasites (all animals) ~ PanAway® and Di-Gize®.
- Open wound (all animals) ~ Melrose™, Helichrysum and Gentle Care Rose Ointment.
- Emotional Upset (all animals) ~ Trauma Life®, Valor®, Peace & Calming®, Melissa, Rosewood, Lavender, Valerian, and Chamomile.
- Bones (all animals) ~ PanAway™, Birch, Lemongrass, and Spruce.
- Nervousness with horses ~ Valor®, TraumaLife, Geranium, Lavender, and Valerian.
- Saddle sores ~ Melrose® and Gentle Care Rose Ointment.
- Mineral deficiencies ~ Mineral Essence™ (liquid tincture taken internally) may help meet the animal's needs and when met, they quit chewing on the furniture and other undesirable things.
- Tissue repair directly on wound ~ Melrose™.
- May help with pain and stop bleeding ~ Helichrysum.
- Wounds and abrasions ~ Gentle Care Rose Ointment."
Raindrop Technique® is a wonderful, holistic session for horses and dogs!
Nine powerful Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils are dropped like "little raindrops" and massaged into the spine relieving muscular tension in the body. This procedure originates from an ancient Lakota Indian Healing Technique adapted by D. Gary Young. The Essential Oils enhance the systems of the body and deeply energizes and detoxifies the body as well as balances the electrical body. The therapeutic grade essential oils used support the immune and nervous system and are designed specifically for topical application. Raindrop Technique® was developed as a result of research indicating that many forms of spinal misalignments are caused by muscle spasms. Very effective if your horse has been vaccinated and/or has toxins within the body, Raindrop will allow the systems to detoxify naturally.
Eliminate chemicals from your horses and pets' life by using therapeutic grade essential oils on a daily basis. Invest in the health of your animal as well as yourself ~ order your products today using my Member #534462.
Details on my Raindrop Technique services for animals and details on Raindrop Technique services for people.
Order Dr. Heather Mack's DVD on Equine Raindrop Technique!