Lemon Therapeutic Grade™ Essential Oil
Lemon Essential Oil (Citrus limon) has a strong, purifying, citrus scent that is revitalizing and uplifting and is one of the most fragrant essential oils. Lemon consists of 68 percent d-limonene, a powerful antioxidant. It is delightfully refreshing in water and may be beneficial for the skin. Lemon may also be used to enhance the flavor of foods. Lemon essential oil is cold-pressed from the rind of Citrus limon, a twenty-foot tree with highly scented blossoms and lemon fruits. Lemon essential oil contains compounds that support the immune system. Jean Valnet MD estimated that it takes 3,000 lemons to produce one kilo of oil. In his book, The Practice of Aromatherapy, Valnet wrote that lemon is a tonic for supporting the nervous and sympathetic nervous system. Lemon has an approximate ORAC of 6,619 (TE/L). TE/L is expressed as micromole Trolox equivalent per liter.
Historical Information on Lemon Oil: Lemons were used in Europe as early as 200 A.D. and were introduced to the Americas in 1493 by Christopher Columbus. Lemons were also given to sailors. Lemon oil has been widely used in skin care to cleanse skin and reduce wrinkles and combat acne.
Limonene — 59-73%
Gamma-Terpinene — 6-12%
Beta-Pinene — 7-16%
Alpha-Pinene — 1.5-3%
Sabinene — 1.5-3%
Lemon Essential Oil Wellness Support: Use this oil as an overall tonic for wellness. Lemon removes sticky substances and can even be used as an insect repellant when diffused.* When ingested, it is a good source of d-limonene, a powerful antioxidant.
Application: Dilute 1 part Lemon essential oil with 1 part organic vegetable oil. Apply directly on location, chakras/Vita Flex points, directly inhale, diffuse, or take as a dietary supplement. When using as a supplement, dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of vegetable oil and put in a capsule. Then take one capsule before each meal or as desired. Or add 1 drop of Lemon essential oil into a glass of purified drinking water ~ note: please use glass because therapeutic grade essential oils will dissolve plastic.
Caution ~ If pregnant or under a doctor's care, consult your physician before ingesting lemon essential oil. Dilution is recommended when applied topically. Lemon oil is photosensitizing, so avoid exposure to direct sunlight/UV rays for up to twelve hours after applying topically.
Fragrance: It promotes clarity of thought and purpose with a fragrance that is invigorating, enhancing and warming. University researchers in Japan found that diffusing certain aromas in an office environment dramatically improved mental accuracy and concentration. Diffused lemon resulted in 54 percent fewer errors, jasmine 33 percent fewer errors and lavender 20 percent fewer errors. When aromas were diffused during test taking, scores increased by as much as 50 percent.
- Add one teaspoon of lemon essential oil to one cup mineral oil for an effective furniture polish.
- For general household cleaning purposes, it works well for removing gum, wood stain, oil, and grease spots.*
- Add a few drops to your dishwasher for spotfree dishes.
- Diffuse to freshen your home or or add a few drops to a spray bottle to deodorize and sterilize the air.
- Add two drops to water for purification or combine with peppermint (Mentha piperita) to provide a refreshing lift.
- Add to food or rice or soy milk as a dietary supplement and flavoring.
- Add ten drops to a cotton ball and place inside your vacuum cleaner.
*Before cleaning upholstery, fabric, or carpet, perform a spot test. Discontinue use in the unlikely event of staining or in the case of skin irritation, add some V-6 oil and massage on location.
Found In: Awaken™, Citrus Fresh™, Clarity™, Forgiveness™, Gentle Baby™, Harmony™, Joy™, Raven™, Surrender™, Transformation™ and Thieves™ essential oil blends. Also found in AlkaLime, Animal Scents Shampoo, AromaGuard Meadow Mist Deodorant, AromaGuard Mountain Mist Deodorant, BodyGize, Carbozyme, Dentarome Toothpaste, Dentarome Plus Toothpaste, Dentarome Ultra Toothpaste, Dragon Time Bath & Shower Gel, Evening Peace Bath & Shower Gel, Genesis Hand & Body Lotion, JuvaTone, KidScents Shampoo, KidScents Toothpaste, Lemon-Sandalwood Bar Soap, Mineral Essence, Ningxia Red, Orange Blossom Face Wash, Power Meal, Super C, Thieves Bar Soap, Thieves Foaming Hand Soap, Thieves Household Cleaner, Thieves Lozenges, Thieves Spray, Thieves Wipes.
Lemon Therapeutic Grade™ Essential Oil comes in the following oil kits: The Aroma Complete Collection, The Essential 7 Kit and The Everyday Oils Collection.
Item No. 3578 ~ 15 ml
Pricing: Member $11.25 / Retail $14.80 / PV 11.25
Log in to start shopping or open your account to purchase Lemon Therapeutic Grade™ Essential Oil and incorporate the benefits of aromatherapy into your life today!
Product Uses for the Essential Oil of Lemon
According to the Essential Oils Integrative Medical Guide, it takes 3,000 lemons to produce a kilo of oil, which is cold pressed from the rind. Here are simple ways to use this uplifting and joyful scent from Young Living.
- Use 1–2 drops of lemon essential oil to remove gum, oil, grease spots, glue or adhesive, and crayon from most surfaces.
- Combine 2–3 drops of lemon essential oil with water in a spray bottle to help cleanse and sanitize surfaces.
- Place a drop of lemon essential oil on oily skin or blemishes to help balance oil glands and minimize oil production.
- Soothe corns, calluses, or bunions by rubbing lemon essential oil on the affected area morning and evening.
- Massage lemon essential oil into cellulite to help improve circulation and eliminate waste from cells.
- Add lemon essential oil to your morning tea or breakfast shake for a refreshing pick-me-up.
- Inhale lemon essential oil or place a few drops on a cotton ball to replenish your mind, body, and spirit.
- Add 10–15 drops of lemon essential oil to a gallon of carpet cleaning solution to help pull out stains, brighten carpet and rugs, and leave a fresh smell in the room.
- Add several drops of lemon essential oil to a chicken marinade for a delicious dinner.
- Place a few drops of your favorite citrus essential oil on a cotton ball and put in the refrigerator to help eliminate odors.
Caution: Citrus oils should NOT be applied to the skin that will be in the sun or ultraviolet light within 72 hours.
Log in to start shopping or open your account as a Distributor to purchase Lemon Therapeutic Grade™ Essential Oil at the wholesale price and incorporate the benefits of aromatherapy into your life today!
Face ~ Body ~ Bath ~ Oral Care
I love to teach classes locally in the Central Florida area and am a former Nationally Certified Massage Therapist with over 12 years of experience, studying the human body, the energy system, the use of aromatherapy, Raindrop Technique and Emotional Release with Young Living Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils through C.A.R.E. as well as many workshops with Gary Young. I work and live in Winter Park, FL and am available by appointment: 407.399.8562.
I highly suggest educating yourself about the truth of essential oils by purchasing the Essential Oil Desk Reference book which contains a wealth of information on all of our products including details on each oil and what oils to use for specific situations.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Don't expect the same results unless you are using Young Living Therapeutic Grade™ Essential Oils and supplements. Also each person is unique and different in chemistry and toxicity levels, as well as emotionally and spiritually, so an oil that is suggested for an issue may not work as well as another. If a change is not apparent within three minutes, try another oil.