Peppermint Therapeutic Grade™ Essential Oil
Peppermint Essential Oil (Mentha piperita) has a strong, clean, fresh, minty aroma. One of the oldest and most highly regarded herbs for soothing digestion, it may also restore digestive efficiency.* Jean Valnet MD studied peppermint's supportive effect on the liver and respiratory systems. Other scientists have also researched peppermint's role in improving taste and smell when inhaled. Dr. William N. Dember of the University of Cincinnati studied peppermint's ability to improve concentration and mental sharpness. Alan Hirsch MD studied peppermint's ability to directly affect the brain's satiety center, which triggers a sensation of fullness after meals. This powerful essential oil is often diluted before topical application. Peppermint may also be used to enhance the flavor of food and water. The menthol (34-44%) and methone (12-20%) in peppermint create a cooling effect. Peppermint has an approximate ORAC of 373,455 (TE/L). TE/L is expressed as micromole Trolox equivalent per liter.
Menthol — 34-44%
Menthone — 12-20%
Menthofurane — 4-9%
1.8 Cineol (Eucalyptol) — 2-5%
Pulegone — 205%
Menthyl Acetate — 4-19%
Historical Data: Peppermint is reputed to be part of the "Marseilles Vinegar" or "Four Theives Vinegar" used by grave-robbing bandits.
Peppermint is one of the oils used in Raindrop Technique and can also be found in our Everyday Oils Collection and Essential 7 Collection.
Fragrant Influence: Peppermint essential oil is purifying and stimulating to the consicous mind. Dr. William N. Dember of the University of Cincinnati found that inhaling peppermint oil increased mental accuracy by 28 percent.
Peppermint Essential Oil Tips:
- Add a drop of peppermint essential oil to herbal tea to help aid normal digestion.
- Massage several drops of peppermint essential oil on the abdomen, place a drop on wrists, or inhale to soothe the minor stomach discomfort associated with travel.
- Rub one drop of peppermint essential oil on the temples, forehead, over the sinuses (careful to avoid contact with your eyes), and on the back of the neck to relieve head pressure.
- Place 2 drops of peppermint essential oil on the tongue and rub another drop of oil under the nose to help improve concentration and alertness.
- Apply peppermint essential oil to the back of the neck and shoulders throughout the day to keep energy up.
- Inhale peppermint essential oil, apply topically to your temples or neck, or put a drop on your tongue or in water to jump-start your morning routine.
- Diffuse or inhale peppermint essential oil mid-morning to curb the desire to snack.
- Inhale peppermint essential oil or rub a drop on to your abdomen to soothe minor stomach discomfort.
How to Use: For dietary, aromatic, or topical use. When using as a supplement, dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid such as goat's or rice milk. Possible skin sensitivity. If pregnant or under a doctor's care, consult your physician. Dilution recommended for both topical and internal use. Do not apply neat to a fresh wound or burn. Dilute before using on sensitive areas such as the face, neck, genital area, etc. Keep out of reach of children. Avoid using on infants and very small children due to Peppermint's strong menthol constituents. Avoid contact with eyes, mucus membranes and fresh wounds or burns.
Item No.: 3614 ~ 15 ml
Pricing: Member $21.50 / Retail $28.29 / PV 21.50
Log in to start shopping or open your account to purchase Peppermint Therapeutic Grade™ Essential Oil and incorporate the benefits of aromatherapy into your life today!
Face ~ Body ~ Bath ~ Oral Care
I love to teach classes locally in the Central Florida area and am a former Nationally Certified Massage Therapist with over 12 years of experience, studying the human body, the energy system, the use of aromatherapy, Raindrop Technique and Emotional Release with Young Living Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils through C.A.R.E. as well as many workshops with Gary Young. I work and live in Winter Park, FL and am available by appointment: 407.399.8562.
I highly suggest educating yourself about the truth of essential oils by purchasing the Essential Oil Desk Reference book which contains a wealth of information on all of our products including details on each oil and what oils to use for specific situations.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Don't expect the same results unless you are using Young Living Therapeutic Grade™ Essential Oils and supplements. Also each person is unique and different in chemistry and toxicity levels, as well as emotionally and spiritually, so an oil that is suggested for an issue may not work as well as another. If a change is not apparent within three minutes, try another oil.