Probiotics — Essential Nutrition
Young Living Essential Oils creates food and dietary supplements of the highest quality that are enriched and enhanced with therapeutic-grade essential oils such as lavender, orange and lemon. One of the greatest threats to health in our fast-paced society is the highly processed, chemical-, fat-, and sugar-laden foods eaten on a daily basis. A great need of the modern world is convenience foods rich in nutrition. Young Living Essential Oils creates food products similar to those eaten by people who live to an old age, while remaining healthy, alert, and self-sufficient. All food products contain nutrient-dense, natural, whole ingredients and are free of sugars and artificial sweeteners. Gary Young, founder of Young Living Essential Oils, discovered in clinical practice while doing bacteriology studies with the blood that there was a substantial amount of undigested protein in the blood serum that could not penetrate the cell membrane because of low oxygen levels. When he enhanced foods and supplements with essential oils, he did not detect any undigested food in the blood. He also discovered that supplements enhanced with essential oils increase the absorption of food nutrients and aid in the detoxification of the body.
Most essential oils have a long history of effective and safe internal use, and today Young Living was the first to offer the benefits of ingesting pure essential oils. Our innovative supplements are specially formulated using Young Living Therapeutic Grade™ standards to improve efficacy and delivery for immediate and long-term results. These potent, proprietary oil blends bring targeted and timely digestive, immune, and antioxidant support: Longevity™ softgels, Digest & Cleanse™ softgels, OmegaGize™ and Inner Defense™ softgels are four of our oil-infused nutritional supplements. Our newest supplement unveilved at 2009's convention is SleepEssence™!
Click on the product image to order. Browse our full range of essential oil and whole food-infused dietary supplements to promote healthy nutrient absorption and aid in detoxification, just the way nature intended:
MindWise™ Brain Health Supplement —
for Children and Adults!
Discover Life 5™ — Young Living's probiotic supplement for building and restoring core intestinal health!*
Elie Metchnikoff was awarded the Nobel Prize in 1908 for discovering the important role tiny organisms, now known as probiotics (meaning "for life"), play in immune response but for many years, very little else was known about these intriguing organisms. More recently, the scientific community is exploding with interest as study after study testifies to the amazing health-promoting benefits of viable probiotics.
Probiotics are sometimes known as healthy intestinal flora or beneficial bacteria, and have long been used to culture yogurt, sauerkraut, and other fermented foods. Science is revealing that probiotics are especially important because of their positive effect on the bowel. Many do not realize that the bowel is the source of core health and vitality. This is where the all-important transfer of nutrients to the bloodstream takes place. It is also the command center of the immune system and eliminator of waste products. If the bowel is not working properly, optimal health is impossible and the body is vulnerable to myriad conditions. If the problem is not corrected, severe bowel or gastrointestinal conditions sometimes develop. For the bowel to work properly, a partnership with billions and billions of probiotics is necessary in every critical intestinal function and to prevent the proliferation of harmful bacteria. Young Living's new Life 5™ provides a daily boost of five of the most clinically proven and advanced probiotics, including three super strains that represent the most health-promoting and viable strains ever prepared in a supplement.
Did you know that our colon can maintain its health with 15% unfriendly bacteria, if the body contains at least 85% probiotic-friendly bacteria!
- Greater energy: Probiotics have been shown to assist the body in manufacturing important B vitamins and improving nutrient absorption.*
- Improved immunity: Probiotics, especially the super strain (LA-14), have been shown to be a tremendous support to immune function.*
- Intestinal health: By building bowel health, probiotics can enhance virtually every body system, but they have clinically shown to support normal elimination, improve digestion, boost immunity, and reduce yeast.*
What Makes This Product Unique?
Life 5 Probiotic represents the culmination of years of extensive research. Here are just a few of the things that make it the superior choice:
- Active and viable cultures. Life 5 uses hearty probiotic strains and is not subjected to heat during preparation and storage.
- Clinically proven strains at the proper amounts. The strains in Life 5 represent some of the most proven health-promoting strains (e.g., L. acididophilus [LA-14], Howaru™ Rhamnosus, Howaru™ Bifido, S. thermophilus, and B. bifidum).
- Strains proven to adhere and colonize in the intestines. The probiotics in Life 5 were chosen specifically for their tendency and ability to colonize in the bowel and out-compete harmful bacteria. Plus, Life 5's proprietary blend contains ingredients shown to improve adherence of beneficial bacteria up to ten times.
- Super strains proven to boost immunity, improve nutrient absorption, and relieve bowel distress (e.g., Howaru Bifido, Howaru Rhamnosus, and L. acidiophulis [LA-14]).
Who Should Use This Product?
Life 5 may be used by healthy children and adults to help maintain optimal well-being. Research indicates that those concerned with proper digestive function will benefit from taking Life 5. Life 5 may also be taken by those who wish to improve nutrient absorption, increase energy levels, and improve immune health.* This product can be taken intensively at onset, during or after illness to boost immunity and support recovery.* It is especially important after taking antibiotics or suffering any gastrointestinal distress.
Did You Know?
- Life 5 delivers five proven probiotic strains including three advanced super strains.
- The number of bacteria present in the intestine (intestinal flora) is ten times greater than the cells of the organism. In adults, up to 100,000 billion bacteria belonging to 600 different species are present.
- Between 70 to 85 percent of the immune cells in our bodies are present in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Your digestive tract needs a certain amount of beneficial bacteria to properly absorb nutrients and expel waste. If your bowel isn't working properly, your body can't take in the full benefits of a healthy diet. Probiotics support your bowel by facilitating critical intestinal function and mitigating the proliferation of harmful bacteria.
- A recent study from the University of Reading, UK, stated that the level of positive bacteria in the gut diminishes by 1,000 times by the time we reach the ages of sixty to sixty-five.
- According to a 2007 study at the Wilhelmina Children’s Hospital, "Modification of intestinal microbiota early in life by administration of probiotic bacteria may be a potential approach to prevent allergic disease."
- Some common things that can increase the need for probiotic supplementation: Virtually any drug OTC or otherwise, especially antibiotics, drinking chlorinated water, cesarean birth, low-fiber diet, and stress
A high-potency probiotic, Life 5™ represents the culmination of years of extensive research. Life 5 may build and restore core intestinal health by providing five clinically proven probiotic strains including three advanced super strains to enhance intestinal health, sustain energy and improve immunity. Life 5 contains 8 billion active cultures and improves priobiotic growth and colonization up to 10 times. Life 5 may also help replenish intestinal flora during times of stress.
How to Use: Take 1 capsule every night following a meal, or as needed. If pregnant, nursing, taking medication or have a medical condition, consult with a healthcare practitioner prior to use.
Ingredients: HOWARU™ Rhamnosus (Ld. rhamnosus), Lactobacillus acidophilus (LA-14), HOWARU™ Bifido (Bifidobacterium lactis), Lactoferrin Streptococcus thermophilus, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Microcrystalline cellulose, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, magnesium stearate, and silica.
Item No: 3099
Pricing: Member $26.75 / Retail $35.20 / PV 26.75
A balanced digestive tract is the first step to balanced health. Order Life 5 today and ensure proper nutrient absorption!
Log in to start shopping or open your account and incorporate the benefits of aromatherapy into your life today!
Face ~ Body ~ Bath ~ Oral Care
I love to teach classes locally in the Central Florida area and am a former Nationally Certified Massage Therapist with over 12 years of experience, studying the human body, the energy system, the use of aromatherapy, Raindrop Technique and Emotional Release with Young Living Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils through C.A.R.E. as well as many workshops with Gary Young. I work and live in Winter Park, FL and am available by appointment: 407.399.8562.
I highly suggest educating yourself about the truth of essential oils by purchasing the Essential Oil Desk Reference book which contains a wealth of information on all of our products including details on each oil and what oils to use for specific situations.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Don't expect the same results unless you are using Young Living Therapeutic Grade™ Essential Oils and supplements. Also each person is unique and different in chemistry and toxicity levels, as well as emotionally and spiritually, so an oil that is suggested for an issue may not work as well as another. If a change is not apparent within three minutes, try another oil.